The following is an excerpt from an email to our Philly headquarters dated 7 FEB 2009... Milly is our "staff assistant" who doles out drugs and Edwin is our "nursing assistant" who also acts as our "ambassador of food and beverages"...
As I was about to send my monthly report yesterday morning, the police came to get Milly for a court date. On 28 Dec 2008, the assaulted Edwin's "Madame". I heard about this previously, so I wasn't shocked to have arresting officers arrive at the clinic. The police didn't use the word "allegedly" before "assaulted", but I corrected them on numerous occasions. I found that my duty as FOM required me to accompany her to the courthouse in Manafwa district. There were about 2 dozen empty benches, and dozens more plastic chairs... spread out, stacked... you name it. There were no spectators in any of these seats. The defendants, however, were forced to sit on the floor against a wall. There were six shady looking barefoot men.... and Milly, dressed like a Mugisu Barbie Doll with her new curly extensions and all. The trial was in Lumasaba and I didn't even realize that it was the trial until it was about over. It was a dude with his leg dangled over a chair, who turned out to be Milly's father, acting as her attorney. Our "local defense unit", Wambi came with us and was kind of explaining the situation to me, but not thoroughly. Turns out after an hour discussion that they needed a Grade 1 magistrate, but only a grade 2 was present. Despite our full cooperation and my ill attempt at a bribe, Milly will be in jail until Tuesday when a Grade 1 magistrate is present.
So, our drug dispenser is in the slammer and luckily I'm buddy's with a motorcycle dude who was able to bring her kid to granddad's.
So here's the monthly report ;)
2 comments:
So are Milly and Edwin married? I'd assault the madame too. Go Milly! Probably the madame isn't as pretty as Milly, no curly extensions. Too bad you probably can't take pictures of this whole debaucle! So what's the update? Is Milly out of the slammer? Did she get punished?
Milly's out and back to work, but I had to give her a pay advance to bribe Edwin's madame to drop the case.
Post a Comment