
6:00am – BBC Africa comes on the radio for 30 minutes in Swahili and turns over to English at 6:30…. Continues until 7 before turning off automatically.
6:15 am – my alarm clock, disguised as a sultry British broad, starts telling me “Eet eez toime to GET OP! The toime is seex feefteen. ” Hit snooze. Repeat every ten minutes until 7:15
7:15am – Let the dogs out, pet them vigorously and simultaneously. Stand and wait for them to pee and/or poo. Praise them. Feed them. Use the flush toilet.
7:45am – Cold shower when the stars align. Bring tunes so I can dance to stay warm. Party time.
8:15am – breakfast and Nescafe with creamer powder. I can literally piss on a coffee plant from my back door, but I have to drink nescafuckinfe since all of the coffee beans are sent out of the district for processing and export.
8:40am – Get the leashes, get the dogs, and walk uphill 20 minutes to the clinic. Kids scream “Muzungu, how are you?” When I answer, they keep asking. When I’m jacked up on Nescafe, I continue to respond as long as they ask. When I’m sedated on creamer power, I respond in grunts. Generally, it gets hot by this time and I’d like to go back down to my cold shower.
9am – anything goes. Let the entropy begin.
1 comment:
French press would be helpful?
Post a Comment