Sunday, October 19, 2008

First full day in the village

Today, David and I were invited to lunch at the home of Robert, the chairman of a local men's health group who educates the community on health and well-being. The great food and interesting conversation made me forget that we were in a home built of mud and cow shit. After lunch and the afternoon rains, I was sitting in my new home and as I looked out the front window, I saw the sun hitting the mountains and a vivid rainbow in front of the clouds.

The pictures in this posting are from the front porch of my new home. Though I'll be missing a lot of things from the States, I've already been exposed to both natural beauty and human beauty that I know will remind me every day why I decided to come here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow Mikey! Everything sounds great and interesting. Keep us posted and we miss u already. Kerrin and Glenn