"Are you ready now?" I asked
.....pause as he looks down at his feet and lifts up the bottom of his pants to expose his bare ankles in his sneakers...
"Though somebody has taken my socks!"
Just one of endless humorous moments at the Zaale home.
Okay, one more -
He wants to add a ceiling to my room and the room next door to make them "executive" (so we don't have to listen to each other's singing and crying all night). That was his idea, by the way -- I still enjoy the entertainment.
So in order to make it "executive", he has his "boys" coming to put in some timbers.... and he plans on using the timbers to finish off his new executive suites with..... cardboard ceilings! Nothin's too good! Luckily, his grown daughter was there to back me up that cardboard is NOT "executive". Turns out the cost would be about the same to put in a normal ceiling so he thanked us for our timely feedback and will be installing a non-cardboard ceiling in his "executive" suites.
one more... We planned on going to church one weekend. We talked about it on several occasions. When Church-thirty rolled around, I said, "are we going to church?" He looked at me, hesitated, and said, "no?". I said "really?" He said "i don't know - no?". I taught him the term rain check. He liked it. Chances are, we followed up with some food, tea, and some beers.
1 comment:
ha ha ha! actually, sounds like us. I was just telling Scott that a facebook friend is in the middle of a similar conundrum. On Saturday, we are like "hmm, maybe we'll hit up a church tomorrow, finally." and when the next morning rolls around... "Naaaah. The comfy couch is just too good." RAIN CHECK!!
Post a Comment